Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving week

How come when school is out a week it seems to go by very fast? I had to work Monday-Wednesday but was able to get tons done anyway.
The kiddo's were great and really enjoyed helping me set up my house. I usually decorate the Saturday after Thanksgiving but we will be out of town a couple of weekends in Dec. so will not get to enjoy our stuff as long as I like, so we got our stuff out on Monday.
We did the Disney tree and the fruit tree first and all of my Santa collection. Then I did the village. That they could not help with. LOL But they loved watching me do it.
Tuesday we put up the big tree. Curtis got into it way more this year. He did all the shaping of the big tree and he and the kids did all the ornaments on it except the ones up top. Shhhh I have had to move a few around but DON'T tell them. ;)
Curtis asked about every ornament. I think he was testing me to see if each one really did mean something. He got a kick out of the 15 or 20 wooden ones that belonged to the Hagler family and they passed them on to us since I have the Disney tree. Hey Austin, I am saving them for you sweetie, when you grow up and get married I will pass them on to you and your family! :) Just don't do it to soon, I am not ready to give them up. hahha
The pictures are not in order below. SORRY! I should go back and redo but guess what, I am not.
Thanksgiving day at my moms house. My silly son always has to make faces! Courtney playing with the train that goes around at grandnana's house. We went ahead and had her birthday party on Thanksgiving day after lunch. She turns 3 on Dec. 3rd!
Her cake!
She blew them out!
So happy to see her cake!
Andrew watching the train.
Just showing the living room stuff..
Courtney tell me she is 3 years old. HAHHAHA
This is my moms living room. We started putting stuff up the week before Halloween. We were done the weekend before Thanksgiving.
Love how the village turned out.
Playing school at mawmaw's house on Sunday before Thanksgiving.
This is the Christmas room at my moms house. It is the room she was born in 68 years ago!
Mom passed down to me the Disney Christmas Village this year. I have it setting on a table behind our sofa and in front of the living room's front windows. see the it at dark below.
She also passed down the fruit tree. I made it a talking fruit tree for my house. :)
Courtney modeling her new dress for me.
Curtis pretending to put ornaments on the tree.
Curtis letting me take some pictures. We went down to Callaway Gardens on Wednesday. I never get tired of looking at the lights!
Well, I think we need to have one of these at our house. ;) Telling Santa his list! Notice his little hands (okay he is not so little anymore) counting out his thoughts. HAHHA

No comments: